View Single Post
Old 12-18-2005, 10:17 AM

Default Re: How to be productive with LIFE? (3hrs poker, other 13hrs wasted) :

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i'm surviving off poker right now. (jan= 1yr mark)

i see this great opportunity in front of me with all this free time, yet i'm wasting it.

i play ~20hrs/week so that's about 3hrs/day. i'm wasting the other 13hrs with surfing the web, tv, or day dreaming. (i cant get myself to play more than ~3hrs/day.)

there are a few hrs here and there where i hang out with friends or do something productive. I've also traveled some... Vegas, San Fran, NY.

but a vast majority of the time i feel like i'm wasting it.

Why am i not seizing the moment? Why am i not taking advantage of this opportunity?

And how to break out of it?

THX!

[/ QUOTE ]

this was my experience the first 2 months of playing for a living...then i got a chic and started forcing myself to be more social...I also played at an office I rented and not at home...this playing and working and sleeping and eating and crapping all in the same place kinda wears on you after awhile.

i still felt a bit of a void though. So I packed it up and now I play from internet cafe's while I travel. That did the trick. I play about 3 hours a day also, and the other 13 are pretty damned action packed and rewarding for the most part, much much more fulfilling.

gl

[/ QUOTE ]

You are my hero. Is it safe to play from internet cafes? I mean... it would seriously suck if your account is hacked.

I have the same problem as the OP btw. I play poker 2-5 hours a day, and waste all the rest. A few days ago I watched a tv show and really relaxed for an hour and realized I hadn't relaxed in weeks. I never do anything I really enjoy and that does NOT bring stress.

I'm going to try a thing where I only turn my PC on to play poker or learn poker, and only read this forum X minutes a day. Then use the spare time to do things I like. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm knocking on wood hard right now and i'll say that i have yet to have any issues...though it is obviously a possibility i suppose

i have my laptop with me and that is my way preferred method of play, but if a cafe can't accomodate that i just download and play.

for the most part, i don't think the local's know wtf i'm doing...and the other travelers are all people in the same boat...there is kindof an unspoken code not to phuck another traveler, but i spose it could happen

i keep only a portion of my roll in party anyway, they don't pay interest [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]