View Single Post
Old 09-16-2005, 06:10 PM

Default Re: 55 - Party 15/30 - All decisions bad?

[ QUOTE ]
you mean you don't have odds to draw to 2 outs here? ha. Check calling the flop is a relatively cheap way to find out if he is bluffing (some of the time). Calling the turn also is bad poker,

But what about the times the turn goes check/check? AKo is certainly a 3 betting hand and card frequency means "relatively" likely on this board. You can catually attempt a "solution" for this exact hand if you could define his 3 betting standards, and take a guess at whether he would make a second continuation bet on the turn or not. (plug-in the assumption that he bets flop 100% regardless of whether it helped him). I have a suspicion if you do that math you may find a flop check-fold, but not positive.

Add that to the 4% of the time you turn a set and it's not as clear cut.

[/ QUOTE ]
This very much depends on the villain, but I would have to say that if I were the villain, I would bet the turn pretty much every time even if all I had was A high. This is precisely because I see players following the kind of strategy you outline above. But again, there are players who will check behind with A high on the turn....