View Single Post
Old 12-05-2005, 08:46 PM

Default Re: Need a line check in the BB

Oh man. Look, I'm tired of this (too) and have nothing to say after this post but MUST say 3 things (to no one in particular):

1. I am not criticizing OP/OP's play; I've been questioning prematurely tossing away outs in a big pot;

edit: actually I just reread part of my other reply and it does sound like I'm criticizing; so I apologize because I really didn't intend that.

2. Nowhere did I ever say or hint this could/would be won on the flop. If somebody misinterprets my hand example, the point was (as I said when I posted it) something everybody must know - aggressors aren't always what they seem, don't automatically have killer hands, and even the most aggressive players can fold unexpectedly. Most importantly, they could be betting complete crap like I was. Am I saying OP pfrs will fold? Not at all. But did they connect? How big? Who knows; but when the pot is big I don't just assume I'm miles behind because of what the board looks like. So it didn't even occur to me ppl would think I was "proving" OP could win with a flop raise. I wasn't.

3. Generically, "winning the big pots now" is not at all a function of hand strength; not even close. If no one believes me you might want to take another look at sshe ppg 147-152 (and so I don't have to reply again, "no" I am not comparing sshe marginal hand example to OP; but IMM the underlying principle still applies).

Mike