View Single Post
Old 12-01-2005, 12:33 PM

Default Re: A question about interpreting PT AF and reading players

Thanks for the responses guys. I think that I should put a lot less weight on my PT "reads" and rely more on real reads. That article that tinhat linked had some good stuff in it even if I knew some of it, it explained other things that I didn't know well. One thing that kind of answers my question was:

"Generally speaking, you should adjust your perception of their AF based on how often they fold up to that point. If they fold a lot, that high AF doesn't mean they are they are all that aggressive, and if they rarely fold, a low AF may not mean every bet is legitimate."

It also goes on to talk about not relying solely on AF or any other single number stat to determine how legitimate the guys bets/rasies are. I think I just have to pay better attention. I've been trying to do this with limited success. I've tried to keep better notes on all the players but I think I sometimes play too long. It starts getting very hard to keep taking notes on the guys after playing 1 or 1.5 hours. I think I should take more short breaks during my playing time.