View Single Post
Old 09-24-2005, 10:59 PM

Default Re: to push or not to push - that is the question

I'd bet the flop here. With so many draws on the board there is every chance you will get action, and it disguises your hand because people tend not to lead with top set. Sometimes everyone will fold which will suck, but you want to win a big pot and if no-one has anything that is not going to happen. If I checked the flop I'd definately bet more on the turn. On the river I definately reraise, though possibly not push. The only hands you are behind are Jacks full and quads, which implies he has checked from pos with an overpair or trips on the flop, and then flat called a 1/2 pot bet with trips on the turn. I guess thats possible, but surely at some stage most players would want to get the money in with either of those hands. So you are looking to get paid off for as much as possible here. I'm having real difficulty on putting him on any type of intelligently played hand here. Maybe Ace Four of hearts? So I raise maybe another couple of hundred, I think if you push maybe you get a fold out of anything less than a full house.