View Single Post
Old 11-15-2005, 06:40 PM

Default Re: playing against the \"I\'ve got aces\" reraise with a medium/small pa

[ QUOTE ]
I feel as though everyone plays these pairs way too weakly.

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel as though you have mis-read the flames. To me it sounds like "everyone" (whatever that means) feels that raising "every" time you are first to enter a pot is -ev. come play at my table and I am likely to re-raise you from the co for t200 with 7,2o and then you have a tougher call. My guess is that you would call and as you will miss your set or flush or str8 most hands I will push on the flop after your throw in your continuation bet. Yes you will bust me sometimes, but mostly you will bleed chips. What's more you have now bled t200 or more. Now if you didn't raise "every" pot you entered I wouldn't be able to do this. Now if you limp 8,8 and I raise to t80 and you call. Now if you hit your set you will likely still stack me, but if you don't you have only bled t80. Moreover, I am not raising entering the hand as I have there is not real dead money (i.e. yours) so I fold my 7,2. My issue is with absolutes. If you do something "every" (or even nearly every) time you make it easy for us to read you.

just my thoughts.

Ryan

Just my thoughts, do with them what u want.