View Single Post
Old 12-13-2005, 02:07 AM

Default Re: How are you going to deal with tougher games in the future?

To be honest...

If the games became so bad that my edge was slim to none, I could see my hours drop to like 1 or 2 a week (from 10). For me, much of the fun and satisfaction comes from outplaying my opponents. If I can't do that, I'd lose interest pretty fast.

Actually, it could be even more abstract than that. Maybe I need to "think" that I can outplay my opponents, and that would be good enough to sustain me. It wouldn't matter if I actually could or not, I would just need to believe I could.

It's not the same as a game that's all skill. I could definately play chess against some who was better than me and I would still like it, but I think it might get too annoying that in the short term, poker is mostly luck, and if all the skill evens out, then it starts to become more like blackjack or something, where really luck is pretty much the only thing that determines whether I win or lose in a session.

I probably couldn't give it up entirely...and tournies would probably become much more appealing, relative to cash games.