View Single Post
Old 10-12-2005, 01:45 PM

Default Re: Goals vs. Achievements

i admit that i did set a goal over the summer to play 20,000 next year, though with intentions to buy things like a new TV and save most of it rather than wasting all the proceeds. however (this goes against the thread rules, but is important) i realized after school started that playing that much during school is simply not realistic since a problem set, lab, or studying needs to take priority.

goals, to me, are extremely helpful because they give me something to reach and for me it's an accomplshment that i was able to tell myself "no, 20,000 will not happen and there's no point in killing yourself then lowering it massively near the end of the year." i've set a new goal for 12,000 in a year, which i still believe will be a challenge (especially since i'm going to be either working or in school full time).

as for recent things, i had my worst downswing ever, of about 30 buyins (until this point, i was always able to play a couple more hours and the downswing would end and i'd break about even or win a little bit with rakeback) but then managed to win back about 20 of them in one session, which made things a bit better.