View Single Post
Old 09-07-2005, 10:50 PM

Default Re: down 40 buyins and climbing

[ QUOTE ]
Porsche,

For a frequent poster, you don't seem to be playing attention [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Nor following my blog.

I threw off 40-50k in 2 months of hell, followed by a zero month. I can't remember exactly how much, but at least 60-80k of pots in that period i was a good favourite.

Variance in PLO is huge.

Bluff and I have popularised, ok, only the two of us mention it, the 30-50-100 rule. That is , 30 buyins for taking a shot, 50 for a degree of stability, 100 to ensure u need never move down.

Having said all that, you probably arent playing that well. Take a break. Don't play for a couple of days.

Also, I think 20BB/100 is fairly unsustainable, at least at levels from 2-4 and up. Winrate is a fairly pointless statistic to get hung up about. It makes the maths geeks happy, of which 2+2 has an inordinate amount, but at best its just an indication. At worst its purely a historical fact. Just focus on good decisions.

gl

dd

[/ QUOTE ]

Dave, he said he was playing 25, 50, and 100 PLO on Party. I think 20bb/100 is sustainable and your experiences playing higher limits arent that comparable.