View Single Post
Old 10-20-2005, 03:45 PM

Default Re: Theory: Raising from the SB in 6max

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My default play is to just limp in and then bet most flops. I find this works much better than raising preflop out of the SB. If a flop comes like J-8-6 I will check/fold if I don't have any piece of it, but if the flop is relatively disconnected I will bet it 100% of the time. Raising out of the SB every time is very exploitable... you're risking too much with marginal hands for a minimal reward.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is my general approach. I've started raising a bit more though with two high cards and decent pocket pairs. I never raise with weak aces though. If you are raising infrequently, your opponent will give you credit on flops of Axx so it's a classic case of winning a small pot or getting action from something that beats you. I'd rather raise QTs and bluff the Axx flops than to raise A3o and find that flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

does this apply to CO and Button as well when limped to? I raise Arag often when limped to. I know that its not good when I'm called and an A hits, but I normally evaluate from there. should I limp instead and smooth call an A high flop??? that doesn't seem right, or should I raise and proceed with caution/ hope to showdown cheap or take it down? I know, it depends. Steal with any two on the button vs tight blinds and limp vs LP blinds, and mix folds and steals against tough opponents?