View Single Post
Old 11-14-2005, 05:32 PM

Default Re: Paying people off.

I remember reading a 1800GAMBLER post in which he suggested that it might be correct for him to call the turn and fold the river with his nut-no-pair. This is a little different though. This isn't a tricky opponent. I highly doubt that he raises T8 on the flop. I also doubt he'd bet Ace-no kicker on this "scary" river. He's a fish. A fish who plays very passively, but has raised the flop and bet every street. As Lars pointed out, I may have 3 outs to a win or, after the turn, 4-12 outs to a split pot. Maybe. I think his hand range is 77,99, 79, A7, A9, AK-AT, and possibly A2-A6, A8. The least likely in that group is A2-A6, A8 based on the flop raise and the river bet. I really think I'm calling down hoping to catch a split pot or a miracle T which may or may not be good. The chance that this very passive villian has a hand that falls outside of that hand range is very small. <5%. And of those 5%, 95% of those hands were saved by either the turn or the river. Are you sure that I can't let go of this on the turn or the river.