View Single Post
Old 07-31-2005, 11:44 PM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts
Default Re: How much money do you need?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
WRONG!

They pay 53.8% according to a 2002 study. But let's not forget that people with those levels of income are quite adept at finding ways to lessen their tax burden (i.e. they have access to resources most of us cannot afford, to find ways of using their money to provide deducations and lowered liabilities)[/QUOTE]

Completely, utterly, and factually verifiably WRONG!

You're allowed your opinion, but if your gonna spout lies to support em, then welcome to ignore.

Bobby

[/ QUOTE ]

Bobby ... I am with you on almost all your arguments, and almost totally disagree with Grandnu. I have avoided getting into this discussion because I have better things to do. That said, you are wrong on the numbers. But, does that really matter? Hell, I think that the top 5% of wage earners paying over half the income taxes is bad enough. So, the argument that it isn't 90%, it's 53%, still shows a tax disparity regarding the tax burden. As to the argument that the top 5% will avoid taxes more, let's just counter that with the fact that the top 5% also will receive far less back for the taxes paid, than those who pay little or no taxes.

NCAces

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's look at the numbers for the top 5%

They control 70% of the income/assets

They pay roughly 54% of taxes

Looks like a good deal. Not to mention that they ARE able to afford the lawyers and accountants to figure out ways to work the system.