View Single Post
Old 12-29-2005, 06:23 PM

Default Re: I value call my nuts?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You really should be 3-betting that flop when it comes back to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't think that's going to slow down my action when I make my hand?

Call/3betting the flop is uber scary.

[/ QUOTE ]

Naw. If anything, it encourages people with weaker draws on flushes/straights etc to stay in and give more action if they hit, since your increased aggression is more likely to be two pair or a set. It builds a pot bigger on a multi-way flop when you have something approaching a 40-50 % equity edge (assuming your 2p/trip outs are good.) And increasing the pot now induces people with hands as weak as mid or top pair to stay in all the way through the river after you've hit.

[/ QUOTE ]

I also tend to find when the flop gets big multiway like this people get wedded to their TP and will call down. I love these types of hands. In fact Phil Gordon goes into detail on these types of hands in his Little Green Book (yes, I know it is an NL book). He recommends a hyperaggressive approach to playing these hands due to the large number of good things that can happen when you do play them. Application to limit is a bit different, but you can afford to be very aggressive with the plethora of outs you have.

You have such an EV edge here that not pumping the pot is a decent sized leak, IMO.