View Single Post
Old 12-06-2005, 01:25 PM

Default High Stakes online and B&M

long time reader, just starting to post...

in reading the posts from BK on the 2/4 games, watching the 1/2, 2/4, and 3/6 games on UB, and the 1/2 on stars, it seems as though the 1/2 on stars is rediculously aggressive, (the only one ive actually played). ive watched babyhan go HU and get 3-4 bets in on the turn with TP, big draws, etc. then reading some of the posts from BK and specifically the KJo hand, it seems like these B&M ring games are the same. yet when i watch the UB 2/4 and 3/6 games (HU), they are much slower, and dont even make the turn/river a lot of the time. yet when i play the 30 game at turning stone, and the 40 or 50 game at foxwoods, which ever is running, they arent nearly this aggressive. i want my game to get to the point of making these thin value raises without spewing chips, but is my game selection not allowing me to do this, or is it just something that comes with time? why is one game/site so much more aggressive? or is it the nature of the east coast game vs the west coast game? ive heard there are some differences. anything that i should adjust to? im headed to vegas thursday for the first time, and will probably just bring my normal game, but is there anything that would help me better adjust that i should know before i hop right in a game? thanks