View Single Post
Old 12-01-2005, 01:17 AM

Default Re: One year ago today, I...

Dec. 1 2004........
Loaded PP up and started play money career.

1 month later, had 2MM or so chips and thought... What we all think. God's gift.

Had way too much to do in real life and was skeert of money games, so resisted the idea of playing "for real".

In January, a successful player got drunk and put real money in my account ($50 + $25 load-up bonus). Now I'm really skeert!

Played ring games. If I won enough for an $11, then I'd play one. Finish OTM? I was done for the day. That worked for a while until I won a few and realized that It was true....... Damn I'm good!

So I played the $55's. Damn I suck! Lost it all in 2 days.

Re-loaded for $200 in February and decided to read 2+2 all of the time and actually try to become a decent player.

Then to now:
Devised a practice system to improve play, discussed hands and read this forum (lurked) every day.

Started winning on a consistent basis, enough to help pay bills.

Became a regular poster here in May or some-such. Y'all are the best!

Met a bajillion 2p2ers in Vegas and made money playing poker, mechanical horses and slots.

Made the final table in 3 tourneys of over 1000 players.

Met a bajillion more great people over Labor Day at the HUC1 in Vegas. Made money playing poker, Let it Ride and Black Jack. Oh, there was that one Keno thing as well.

In short: Financed a car for wifey, paid for trips to Vegas twice and Reno once, pull enough out of BR each month to buy appliances that break, new shoes for kid, whatever is needed.

But I'm not a good player yet. 200x better than one year ago thanks to you guys and your posts, advice and friendship this year. Someday I hope to multi-table more than just once in a while.

I could name names (like Sixes, Skipper, Irie, Yugo, Zen, Cleinen, Raptor, Greke, Lacky, Beefie, Usher, Apathy, Unarmed and so many others) but I won't.

Say it like Hellmuth: "I cannot, just cannot wait until President's Day........" Shalacka