Thread: AA 5.50 stars
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2004, 05:17 PM

Default AA 5.50 stars

I'm fairly certain I played this correctly, but there are a couple ways I could play this flop I think.

I pick up red AA's in the BB w/ T1,120 chips BB is 30. EP raises to T90 and gets a call from a LP . Raiser has me covered by about 1k. He's chip leader and doubled off a flush draw he caught by calling an all in. Folded to me and I raise to T250. Anyone raise more here? I thought I wanted action from this player and thought I'd be able to play for his stack. The original caller was playing tight and this is the first time i'd seen him in a hand. Anyway caller folds, HU to the flop.

Flop is 9hQcTc. This is pretty much the worst flop for AA that I can imagine. I pushed the flop and was called by the raisers K8c and lost the hand to a turned flush. Thats fine, I'm not posting a BB story here. My question is... if I bet this flop anything other than all in and he raises me, can I fold the hand knowing that I'm probably a dog. I honestly didn't put the villain on a hand but I think I might be able to get away from the hand if I bet and am raised. The only problem is how much can I bet w/ out commiting myself while at the same time charging the many draws. I think I made the correct play, but I think it COULD be played differently.