View Single Post
Old 12-12-2005, 08:36 AM

Default Re: $109\'s... Son, you\'re shook, ain\'t no such thing as halfway crooks

[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t300 (3 handed) converter

SB (t2850)
Hero (t5625)
Button (t1525)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Button raises to t1525 (All-In)</font>, SB calls t1375, Hero calls t1225.

Flop: (t4575) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t4100 (All-In)</font>,

These guys are normal mediocre players. Pushing a decent amount, but less than they should, calling a little more than they should. I was pushing most flops.

[/ QUOTE ]

personally, i fold PF. but what do i know, i only play the 30s! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

assuming you are playing it, i think you played it correctly. i put SB on overs (at the very least). i suppose he could have AX, where X &lt;= 6. but i dont think that's too likely, given my read on his calling range. so if i pushed, he would call (having invested too much already) and get full value of his hand by seeing it to the river.

by calling, you can get away from the hand if the flop was too scary (AKQ, perhaps). also, if SB checked on a favorable flop like this one, we should be able to get him to fold by pushing.

fwiw, some players like to try and check it down, even with a good hand like TPTK. but i'm not sure how this rare occasion affects our decision to push or not...

jc