View Single Post
Old 12-10-2004, 03:22 PM

Default Re: Why my ROI is lower than I\'d like... (low content, humor)

I agree with Ilya here. Looks like you played this fine especially based on your reading of the table. Most hands that out kick you would have been raised preflop from the SB (AJ,KJ). High pocket pairs (AA-JJ) slow played preflop would have continued to be slow played as the flop is so ragged.

The only hand I think you're opponent could have here maybe is 93 and even that he'd want to slow play as it won't be outdrawn much on this flop. Of course, with the level of play at the table you describe, who knows how SB will play his cards -- but his bet is weak and you almost surely have the best hand on such a ragged board (with few draws to beat you).

You could have raised ~600 instead of allin but frankly, I like to ram and jam when the players at the table don't play logically and I can expect worse hands to call me (b/c they don't play logically). It will be perceived as a 'bully' move by the SB and I'm not too surprised he called you since he was being a table coach.

Another possibility with such a ragged flop is calling and then betting out the turn if no K or A comes -- this will confuse your opponent and probably induce a higher % of calls giving you great value from a random SB player who likes to call.

Do you have any specific questions about the hand? Because if this is just a 'look, PP players are horrible' we already know, [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].

Also, this isn't really 'bubble time' with 7 players still in the tourny.