View Single Post
Old 12-18-2005, 10:58 PM

Default 77 I do rope a dope

This table was just 3 handed for about an orbit and then just became 5 handed. Not much of a read on any player and the only thing I have on villian is that in a previous hand while we were 3 handed he called a raise from one of the blind positions (could have been either one) and then avoided checking to the raiser by betting into the other guy on both the flop and turn. Other guy folded on turn. I don't remember the board but it might have been paired like this one.

OK, 3/6 6max, 5 players at the moment
UTG folds CO folds Chairman Wood raises 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] on the button, SB folds Villian call on BB.

Flop 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (4 SB)
Villian Bets, Chairman calls

Turn 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3BB)

Villian bets, Chairman calls

River K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (5 BB)
Villian bets, Chairman calls.

There has to be a better way here. Again limited read but I am making the assumption from one hand guy likes to donk and does appear a little aggresive. I like to let guys like this hang themselves but 77 is pretty vunerable hand. Felt like I should be raising for value/protection (In this small pot wouldn't a turn raise have hand protection purposes as well? Maybe even flop?) But I don't want to shut him out either. Talk to me goose.