View Single Post
Old 12-08-2005, 08:43 PM

Default Re: Why Can\'t I Move Up?

Honestly, you may want to seek out an affordable therapist if you don't have one already. Sometimes fear can control our lives, and the root of your problem likely has nothing to do with poker or the money itself.

I see a counselor about twice a week to discuss "little" things like what you're experiencing. It can always be traced to a root issue within yourself that needs to be dealt with. I have a lot of the same fears, actually. A ton of players on 2+2 are over-rolled for their limit, myself included. It is nice to stay where you're comfortable, but you gotta get used to taking more risks. Once you realize that what you're doing now will never get you where you want to be, it will be easier for you to move up.

If you have someone in your life who you can talk to openly about your fears, it will be a tremendous plus for you. I hope you don't take any offense, and if I'm way off base then disregard my post. However, I'm not unlike yourself by the sounds of it, and with the help of others you can make anything possible. Really.