View Single Post
Old 09-12-2005, 05:30 PM

Default Help creating folding equity with 200BBs

BB is TAG. 22/7/1.75 AF over 600 hands. Not very tricky, though his preflop standards are a bit wider.

Button is a bit looser. Over 250 hands, he's 46/21. Postflop his aggression lightens up - not one to make big bets with no hand, but capable of bluffing. Loves the min-raise preflop to take it down postflop with a small bet.

Preflop ranges: min-re-raise from the button probably means a playable hand. He might be trying to set up a postflop steal from me here, but it seems unlikely since I've raised UTG. I have been playing tight and shown no bluffs. Probably a big pair or AQ+ (suited or not).

Cold call by BB threw me off. He probably would not enter the pot without JJ+, AK.. but with deep stacks perhaps his range would be wider. I think he would reraise with aces or kings here because I get a cheap price to outdraw him.

Not sure what line to take postflop - looking for suggestions.

My bets have been getting respect but I can't find a good way to get all the money in once the BB leads. He has at least an overpair here, though I would think he would reraise preflop with kings or aces, so a set is not out of the question.

Is raising the flop out of the question? With 100BBs it would be a fairly easy push but still the overbet looks like a draw more than a hand to me. Should I be happy to get my entire stack in the middle, if all three of us get the money in? Should I call a push from either, if it gets to be HU?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $4 BB (6 handed) converter

Hero ($777.90)
MP ($1307.80)
CO ($397.70)
Button ($910.60)
SB ($156.15)
BB ($728.90)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $14</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $24</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls $20, Hero calls $10.

Flop: ($74) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $52</font>, Hero ?