View Single Post
Old 11-23-2005, 11:57 AM

Default CD Review- Bun B- Trill

Bun B, one member of UGK (Underground Kings), justv recently put out a solo CD. It is a solo CD for various reasons, contractual issues, the other member of UGK (Pimp C) is currently in jail. Anyways, it is about [censored] time. For those of you who slept on UGK or the South in general until Lil John showed up, UGK are legends down south. They have dirty flows and nice southern-fried gangsta beats.

Anyhow, onto the CD. This is a pretty solid CD from start to finish. There is a fair share of guests, but only a few of them standout. Its mostly Bun B being a P.I.M.P. Notable guests include Jay-Z, Scarface, and a few of Bun B's Old School Houston homies. Also, the Snowman Young Jeezy appears a few times as well. I wish he would just stick to doing his "yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah" instead of rapping.

A few stand out tracks, for me at least, "Draped Up" which is an anthem, dope hook, I think it is a Fat Pat sample. "The Story", which for those of you who know nothing of UGK is a must listen. Five and a half minutes of Bun B rapping UGK's story, filled with highs and lows, pain and joy. There is no hook, but this song doesn't need one. In fact, it would probably ruin it. "I'm a G" is also a dope song, basically Bun B and TI doing their thing, being g's, yadadadada. I am not much of a TI fan, but still cool song.

I really enjoyed this CD, in fact 4 out 5 sounds about right. This is most certainly a southern rap CD, which means most of the backpackers on here won't like it. But, if you dig the southern sound, or just like cats that are legit, and veterans of the rap game, you will love this CD.