View Single Post
Old 12-30-2005, 09:15 AM

Default Re: More money to be made in MTT than SNG\'s?

"Im fairly new to MTT's and STG's. I must say that from a POKER perspective MTT's is the way to go. I have played maybe 20-30 MTT this month have finished in the money about half the time, give or take and have had two final tables. One that I won $6/196 players and a fourth place $22/2448 players."

Small sample size. Congrats on the money. Hopefully you know that keeping this rate up really isn't possible.

"I feel that there is definatly more money to be made, particularly compared to the buy-in in the MTT's. Just from the two im up $4k (nearly) and risked $28. For the others I finished about even."

Most single table tournaments only offer up to a 400% ROI for the top prize, where MTT offer much much more. (stating the obvious I know)

"If you are willing to play the already mentioned post flop poker the players really are weak up untill the last 5% or so and at that point youve made some good money. You will definately see money less often with the MTT. For now I am just trying to stay away from the cash games and keep learning to succeed at both."

The attraction of STT (espeically the low level tournaments) is the horrible players and the ease of money from a good push strategy. This mindless way of playing allows players to play 10+ tables at a time. A nice 10% roi, on a $22 gets you $2.20 a tournament, playing 10 at a time gets you around $20-$25 an hour at 10% roi. A good player can get the number of tables higher as well as the ROI higher. The variance is smaller (ITM, 35-40% of the time) and the required bankroll is smaller as well.

From my experience, I would suggest picking either STT or MTT and focus on one.