Thread: DERB
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2005, 05:27 AM

Default Re: DERB

If you go through the hands in this thread you see that he had 66 vs KT on a KT6 flop, AA vs KK and AK vs K3 in a blind battle with a K on the turn. Looking at those hands, does it look like he made much more on these hands than most players would make? His lines were unorthodox, but didn't really get him many extra bets.

I haven't seen anything that indicates he has developed a strategy which cannot be countered. Players who are not beating him long term either don't understand basic strategy, aren't observing him carefully enough, or tilt too often against him. His style is such that there will be huge variance in encounters with him and one cannot assess one's play against him based on amount won or lost against him.

While I suspect that many high limit players who are tight and aggressive make mistakes against DERB which helps his bottom line, I doubt they are enough to compensate from the inherent weaknesses in his own style (poor hand selection, putting too many bets in with weak hands).