View Single Post
Old 12-27-2005, 10:54 AM

Default Re: I don\'t get it. WTF could I possibly doing so wrong?

TO steal a quote from boxing:
"Styles make fights"

Agree with curtains that you have enough sample size to know this is not purely variance, although you may be a little run bad at those 55s.

Heres the thing...those extra 200 chips cant help EVERYONE...if they are to the benifit of some, it must be at the expense of others. And thats not so say that you suck if you are better 800 chipping...it just means that your strengths are more tailored to the math/balls/preflop push game. Likewise, its quite likely that the weaknesses in your game are amplified in a slightly deeper stack scernario, wheres theres a little more room for creativity, and inspired poker.

My totally unqualified best guess...you may want to look at the hands 50/100 to 100/200, were you are transitioning to bubble/apeshit mode....and see if you are perhaps too aggro too early, or waiting too long, or whatever. Its evident that you wont be transitioning at the exact same moments in the 33s as the 55s...so if you find that you ARE, that a pretty big bell going off that you ought to change that in one of the levels....and quite clearly, your 33s game is closer to optimal than your 55s.

*Disclaimer: all speculation...but what i would think about if I had recored your results. SOmehting is clearly changing between the 2 levels, and its not explained fully by villain skill jump. Not 24% to 6%.

Also, um, you may have heard that alot of our better STTFers are 10 tabling the 55s. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

And anyways, its not like $3/tourney is sending you to the poorhouse (if you play alot).

You'll figure it out, good luck, and be sure to tell us when you find the problem, you arent the only one.

BL' [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]