View Single Post
Old 12-24-2005, 02:59 PM

Default Re: 5 Card Draw Maniac

[ QUOTE ]

Favorite heads-up/maniac move: Smooth calling his raise in the blinds with 2 pair predraw, drawing one and betting out after the draw when they draw 3. Too often (and they rarely realize what you're doing until it's too late), they think you're on the draw and bluffing. But even if they improve to a better hand (trips to your aces up, for example), they won't raise because they fear you've made a pat hand. Maniacs shrivel in the face of controlled aggression.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to say that I prefer to reraise alot more predraw, and depending on the player you either call his bluff or value bet marginal hands. Against some ppl I will bet AA postdraw(on a read, some ppl call with anything). I only like to slow play it with strong hands AAxx KKxx trips or better where I can checkraise the moron postdraw. And only when I am sure he will be continuation betting his draw 3, so that is fairly rare. But some ppl you can induce a bet after the draw by checking, almost every time. I dont like the choice of hand either, this play works better with AA or KK drawing 3 and betting out, or I usually prefer to check call with high pair. I mean your advantage over this guy is that he "value bets" crap and bluffs way too much, so use that against him. He will find you calling his 1 draw bluff with 88 at some point and get very very frustrated.