View Single Post
Old 12-24-2005, 02:46 PM

Default Re: 5 Card Draw Maniac

[ QUOTE ]
In Limit poker it is not easy to isolate someone - sometimes the marginal hands you play against a maniac you eventualy lose to a legit third party.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm ... 3 betting means someone else(big blind) has to cold call at least 2 bets or cap to play. So it is actually quite easy to isolate someone who bets too much predraw, you 3 bet them. As for marginal hands, I am talking about high pairs at min, AA KK QQ(depends how nuts). You dont want to give the rest of the table implied odds to play everything, you want to take this guys money. If the nutball is to your left it becomes more difficult. Money flows clockwise from fish to talent in general, so table position is just as important as table selection. Having said that, if he is truely insane you have the ability to CR the whole table postdraw. As you said reraise or fold, are you planning on folding QQ to this guy? Obviously you can't isolate out of position ... so what was your point? As for putting 1 person between you ... BB SB is great against a maniac if you have the will to call him down every time he bluffs his flush draw, or his 22A draw 2. When ever you are playing a fish you want to be in as many hands with him as possible while going in ahead. so the BB SB war is just what you want, you get into a ton of hands where you have position after the draw. If you leave a good player between you that guy will take most of his money(money flow). I used to like weak tight players heads up, because I could dictate the action and steal blinds a lot. But as I have improved I find myself likeing the LAG fish better, he gives me money faster and he plays higher stakes. Ehh ... but whatever works for you I guess.