View Single Post
Old 11-10-2005, 04:33 AM

Default Re: I Quit My Day Job

I'm with you, I don't enjoy making someone else rich. But that misses the heart of my question by a smidge. What I lack right now is a sense of purpose and meaning. I'm doing very well for my age and have money. What I desire is purpose and I don't get that from poker. I think the worst thing I could ever do is go through life and just say well, I played poker and made a lot of money. Because when I look back what can I show for all of my efforts and talent?!?! just the money.

I think anyone that is smart enough to be able to make a living playing cards is very capable. Why waste our talent on something so trivial as poker? This is just how I feel. Like I'm stuck in some rut. No where else can I make as much per hour as I do at poker. But when I play poker I feel like I've wasted my time. Time that could have been spent improving society. This sounds so terribly stupid because I'm not some tree hugger trying to save the manitees.

I just feel that poker is good for money and that's it. I stopped enjoying the game some time ago but continue it because of the dollars.

And maybe I am alone when I say I want to create because I find value in creating.

I really just wanted to see if I was alone...