Thread: Defining God
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2005, 11:37 PM

Default Re: Defining God

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think I basically agree with what you are saying; other than the conclusion you reach. I don’t mean this sentence to contradict itself. I still conclude with God. You seem to conclude that it is only a better understanding of ourselves. Seems to be similar thought processes though.

To illustrate my thinking: What little I read about string theory for example - scientists seem to think they are on to something. To me this seems simply more of the same, but to a better degree of understanding of how things (might) work. It does not lead me away from God.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we're on the same page. I didn't mean to conclude that a deeper conceptual understanding of self = a deeper conceptual understanding of God. It's like a deeper conceptual understanding of self, of the thoughts that make up the self or ego, lead to a letting go of conceptual ideas themselves because you see that concepts themselves are what hazes reality and reality IMO is truth/God. Does that make sense?

[/ QUOTE ]

My position is that I conclude in better relationship with God. I had understood you to conclude for yourself in something akin to Truth. Hadn't realized before that you were somewhat equating it with God though. It depends on if you think of Truth as a object that has thought - or a being so to speak. If so then it is akin to God, it seems. If it is "inanimate" then we have the same processes, yet different conclusions. (This last sentence does not appear to be what you mean. Hadn't picked that up before.) Ditto to: does that make sense?