View Single Post
Old 09-14-2005, 10:12 AM

Default This is a hand I screw up frequently( semilong)

I consider this on of my largest flaws and leak in mtt play

AQ and AJ from EP or LP, when stack is 20bb or larger, but not DEEP. With the field reduced to about 30% and I get a call or call from LP same sized stack or larger( and no condfident read yet, appart from when I call LP I usually do so against opponents who seems abit liberated about opening standards or to thight and not so agressive)and its HU.The tourney is usually getting into middle or later stages( blinds usually 200/400 +, ) I need to have shown down a few good hands from similar pos to play these hands

AQ from EP( I vary my play, but 70% of the time I bring it in for 3-4xbb, hoping to steal)

Then on Flopps of roughly this texture(With AQ)
A-(J-8)-small card, I lead with roughly a 1/2 pot sized bet( should one favour probe bets more say 1/3, making it easier to leave the hand?)

Scenario 1. Opponent just calls-leaving a range of A-x where x is worse kicker most the time, second or third pair,
two pairs with or without the A(less likely without the A), set or some pp he wants to peel with.

If the turn then offers no improvement, how do u attack the next betting round( I know it DEPENDS), Will u let go of the command? If so, how do u respond to a bet from opponent in the range of 1/3 pot size, 1/2 pot size, pot sized or larger, all inn?( Or are u already done with the hand)Will u keep the command and if so with what kind of action? As most bets of substance will near commit u, and anything else reaks of weakness. How will u take on the hand is u spike two pairs on the flopp, but still are raised?

Scenario 2. Same kind a flopp, but opponent raises u in the range of 2/3potsize or larger? Range would be defined as above, again it depends of course.. Opponent could have u on PP and wants to bet with or without the A, how will u respond to different sized bets?

I dont like pushing with this hand pre or post flopp, unless I am shortstacked-but might as well since I appear to marry the hand to often.

LP: And this is probably connected with my EP problem

I will take a shot at the pot if an A hits( and I think many will) and my kicker is decent when in LP or even if I dont hold an A, since it will be a difficult decision for the bettor unless he has a monster. And if so it is most likely rewealed, and if he just calls it often allows for a free showdown( if I dont have an A I might fire again if read permitt it on sign of weakness and raise was just called)

Is it just my inexperience that leads me to play these hands,can one give them up in the raise for chips as the blinds are increasing.

As the field thinnes I would assume the level of skill increases and that moves on flopps like these are more common, that is why I find it so hard to lay down postflopp. Or am I off here and should my line be that right now( middle-close to ending stages alot are playing only premium hands and are thight?) [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]