View Single Post
Old 12-26-2005, 06:33 PM

Default Re: 2006 NFL Play-Off Scenarios...Are the Patriots playing for anythin

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Pats gets the #3 seed w/ 2 wins and a Cincy loss.

interesting question is, would the Patriots rather be #4 and play Jax and potentially Indy, or be #3 and play Pittsburgh then potentially Denver.

given how Pittsburgh is playing, I think I'd rather have the quasi bye vs Jax, then have to win 1 or 2 very tough games.

as the #3, they will need to beat 3 good teams to make the SB

[/ QUOTE ]

Quasi-bye? I think they'd win the game as well but everyone is treating the Jaguars as a terrible team that the Pats would have no problems with. This is just not the case.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jags will easily be the worst AFC playoff team. Given that the Pats will have to win 3 games, the easiest playoff route involves the Jags.

[/ QUOTE ]
The Jags could be the worst team in the AFC playoffs, but they're still far from a bye. They played the Colts twice and gave them tougher games than New England or Pittsburgh, and arguably Cincy too. Anyone taking them lightly is asking for trouble.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, maybe I shouldn't have said quasi-bye. however, if they're not the worst afc playoff team, then who is?

also, Jax has historically played Indy tough, and we all know that both the Pats and Steelers are playing MUCH better than when either team played the Colts, so you can't just compare the teams this way.