View Single Post
Old 12-01-2005, 05:26 PM

Default Re: Two interesting PF decisions in the same hand with AK

Man..... I muck this.

Good player makes an enormous reraise after UTG raises 4x and two people cold call? If he had a real hand, could he reraise less than all in? What do you do with KK there?

I guess he *might* be making a move with something like 56s, which would be pretty badass. But you said hes good an not necessarily tricky, and seems like such a ballsy move that few players can make it. More likely he has exactly AK, with some chance of QQ, JJ, KK, and AA in that order of likelihood. Basically your edge here is pretty fuzzy, and when the button comes in and cold calls a raise that fat (note that he didn't reraise all in to isolate, which he'd likely do with non AA/KK hands that he's playing), I think you're in trouble.

Basically I vote dump it. Though if you're going to play, that must mean that you put CO on a tricky-ish range and button on a JJ type hand, in which case taking a flop with chips left to bet is bad. It's push or fold but I vote fold.

Though preflop I think the cold call is fine with deep enough stacks (let UTG/UTG+1 hang themselves on AQ/AJ).

Everett