View Single Post
Old 12-19-2005, 08:25 AM

Default Re: How low would you go...

I don't know how to make the math, but the SB is an aggressive player, capable of raising with a lot of hands. The reason I asked this is because when I played some SnGs I remember that when it's 4 people left and you have a big stack, you can bully them quite a lot. This seems to apply here as well since the short stack is likely to bust soon, especially if they gang up on him on the next hand. The difference of $250k prize money between third and second place is quite a lot, but it's all relative and you've got to draw the line somewhere.

I don't know at which level they were thinking and all that, but I'd like to believe that AA and KK may be slightly less likely due to the push, which makes calling with lesser hand a bit more attractive. Can't be certain though, have to have been there I guess. I just think that I would've been quite tight there, but I wonder how tight "correctly" tight is. If he push with A5o and we call we'll still lose 30 % of the time. Very nice sitaution to get all in, being that big of a favorite. Is it good enough given the situation?