View Single Post
Old 12-20-2005, 01:29 PM

Default Re: River the underfull

[ QUOTE ]
no one likes check/call? The guy called 2 cold on the flop here, I doubt it was with ace rag, and any baby pair or 6 is counterfeited. What else is he calling with? There are lots of draws he could be chasing, I dont think hell bluff the busted draw that often, but you never know, and the pot is big enough I dont want to fold, and i dont want to have to put 2 bets in either.

also, how close is this PF? I fold here a lot, is that a leak?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank god I'm not the only one that doesn't like the bet/call line here. We're both wusses, I guess. The guy cold-called two on a paired flop, and did not raise preflop. My guess is something like Q9. Not strong enough to 3-bet on the flop, especially on a paired board, but too strong to just fold. Either that, or a draw like JT or an underpair, which you'd want to induce a bluff out of anyway.

The more I think about it, the more I hate hate hate hate hate bet/call here.

EDIT: I suppose he could have A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]x [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], and would call a river bet, but check if it's checked to him. That is the ONLY value-bet you've got here, and he might try to bluff you anyway.