View Single Post
Old 12-21-2005, 04:38 AM

Default Re: 400nl AK turn decision vs. deep opponent

[ QUOTE ]
Ghaz,
If you raise you are putting in $250-350 with the possibility of folding.
If you call you are putting in $100 on the turn + a possible river bet of ~$340 (probably closer to $300, maybe lower). $350-450 total

If you raise and are ahead there he folds a weak draw (maybe), a crap pair, and a complete bluff. You make $100 in those instances. The times hero is ahead and villian calls the turn you make $250-350. However, you will often not get to showdown and whe you are behind you stand to lose $250-$350.

If you call the turn the Villian is now given the oppurtunity to bet with complete air, a busted draw, and a worse pair (that he may believe is ahead). These times you now make $300-$450. If villian checks the river you make $100. If you are behind you stand to lose the $300-450. You also have the option (if so inclined) of bluffing a scarecard if you think you can push villian off of some random 2-pair. Plus, you now often have the benefit of seeing Villian's cards and getting a better handle on how he is playing.

I dunno, sometimes I play passively, is this comepeltely unreasonable? (if villian is prone to overbets at all then this post should be completely disregarded)

[/ QUOTE ]

No. I personally don't understand the raise line myself and thought of it pretty much like you did. A worse hand is liekly not calling, and a better hand or even split ahnd may put you to the test. I really thought this was standard poker, but perhaps I have a lot to learn. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]