View Single Post
Old 11-04-2005, 01:41 PM

Default Re: Jarhead: Who else is excited?

[ QUOTE ]
I must have missed Malick's Democratic endorsement in The Thin Red Line.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was referring to the "War movie with a message" that sucked balls, not being democratic. Why the NYT guy seems to think this movie based off a book made years earlier should some how tackle the political problem in the region we face today is beyond me.

It goes back to the worth of movie reviews. I think they have some worth, but I actually read the reviews. In this case if I read the good reviews and the bad reviews, it seems the movie is something I like. If the good reviews read something like (From the Brown Bunny)- "Much like Bruno Dumont's equally provocative Twentynine Palms, Gallo's peculiarly earnest film ultimately questions the nature of cinema, that continuum of reality and illusion that starts when the theater dims and the screen lights up."

Then I know the movie isn't worth watching even if there is a blow job scene thrown in there.

The good reviews for Jarhead, say it gives a good feel for what it was like overe there, great cinematagrophy while the bad reviews question it's "ambiguity". Those bad reviews won't scare me off a movie like, "Keanu Reeves can't act worth a damn" "I almost threw up from the moving camera"