View Single Post
Old 10-03-2005, 11:25 PM

Default Re: ATs against an extremely passive fish.

Depending on your reads for UTG...this is a very questionable call, and definitely not a place for a reraise. If UTG was a maniac raising with anything, then this might be acceptable as an isolation play. This play requires that those yet to act don't see that you are probably making the isolation play as well. The call of a raise and a reraise, even by a LP would make me a little nervous.
I don't understand the logic behind your "continuation" bet. If it's hard to get this guy to fold post-flop, why make a pot-sized continuation bet into a scary board. The 10 helps almost any high-card straight draw, and the flop is 3-suited and you don't have one. If he's not aggressive post-flop, why not check this flop to him? You have almost totally missed the flop (middle pair) and a reasonable (1/2 pot-size) cont. bet would even be questionable in this situation.
You got bailed out on the turn, although I have a suspicion that you might have made second best hand here. AT is the kind of hand that is very, very good at making second best hand. Check your PT stats to see how you do with it against any raise.