View Single Post
Old 08-01-2005, 04:26 PM

Default Re: Commerce 20-40NL

Post-oak, I was actually going to comment that I loved hero's turn bet size. In the rare situation where you bet 3/4, are raised 3/4, and then are re-raised again, yes, betting larger is better because then the ep guy would be all-in and you could easily fold. But this is extremely rare, most of the time you're going to want to keep the pot small because you could be crushed and stacks are deep, but still goad an ace or a 5 into calling you. The pot is already ballooning out of control as it is, hero can't stand much more if he pots it.

I fold here as well. You might be able to call if you pick up any physical reads. Calling is ok because EP provides some nice protection against the LP raiser. (All-in is the worst I think) But given your description this does not look like a steal but 2 guys ready to go to war. It's possible LP has AK and decided to play a little unconventionally, but I can't see this being a steal from EP, unless he's very lag/tricky which you didn't mention ... he'd probably lead the turn with anything you beat (trip 5s etc.) On the other hand, if he really did have a monster, would he have put himself in a situation where he so clearly defines his hand?

btw how many people was LP raising to start the hand off with?