View Single Post
Old 12-21-2005, 12:37 PM

Default Re: I always knew Clinton wished he was Hitler!

[ QUOTE ]
OK Roybert,
I said in a post to Elliot below:
"Courts have ruled that a wiretap and the use of a thermal-imaging device to examine a private home from a public street constitutes a search that requires a warrant."

If you believe physical searches should not include wiretapping and survellance, you should get together some legal funding and take the issue up with the supreme court.

It just sucks that legally speaking, physical searches and wiretapping are equivalent.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that physical searches and wiretapping without warrents on American citizens are essentially the same perverse bastardization of the Constitution. I was mostly interested in the provision that said that these physical searches couldn't be performed on Americans.
[ QUOTE ]
"physical search is solely directed at premises, information, material, or property used exclusively by, or under the open and exclusive control of, a foreign power or powers." Translation: You can't search American citizens.
and there is "no substantial likelihood that the physical search will involve the premises, information, material, or property of a United States person." Translation: You can't search American citizens.

[/ QUOTE ]