View Single Post
Old 11-15-2005, 09:12 PM

Default TO CLARIFY

[ QUOTE ]
there are too many 15/30 hands which I don't think is/should be considered middle limit

[/ QUOTE ]
This is exactly the motivation here. I think describing the proposal as “splitting midhigh” is very misleading and I agree that if that were what was proposed it would be a questionable idea. But that isn’t the goal. The real goal is take what today is two forums—small and midhigh—and turn it into three forums: small, mid and high. Today’s midhigh forum would be very similar to the new “high” forum. It would be roughly for online 30/60 and up and for higher live games (the exact limits would need to be agreed upon by the community). Most people who today post here would probably now post in “high” and be relatively unaffected by the change.

The new mid forum would be roughly for 10/20 through 20/40 limits. Today, these limits are mostly posted in small stakes alongside 2/4 hands, but 2/4 and 15/30 really don’t (in my opinion) belong in the same forum. Really, 15/30 hands have no home today. They aren’t welcome by many in the midhigh forum (as Josh’s comment suggests) and they are somewhat out of place in the small stakes forum. I think it makes sense to have a forum in between small stakes and this one and I think there is enough traffic to support the three forums (micro limits would presumably be unaffected by the change so isn’t really in the discussion). In practice, I think the effect of the change would be much closer to splitting small stakes than splitting this forum.