View Single Post
Old 12-19-2005, 11:22 AM

Default Re: $11 - 1st hand 22

Open limping any PP is fine at the 1500chip game (L1/L2-depends).

Finding yourself alone with the blinds, I don't even hate taking a stab at the flop. As draw friendly as it is, more difficult to sell the Ace without a PF raise (speaking of hand definition only, not saying you should have), checking behind here would have been better.

Seeing that you DID lead the flop, you shouldn't be looking to press harder now on the turn. Granted, his lead is likely a blocking one...FD/straight possibly, but you're setting yourself up for a big spew-adge of chips here. He's effectively telling you "I don't plan to go anywhere, so how about saving us both some chips". An unsuccessful 2nd attempt on this turn (which it will be) creates a river situation where you have next to zero showdown value. If he holds just a piece of this flop, you are only winning if you push him off on the river. Toss in your inability to consider such when a flush/straight draw completing card hits the river...you are just digging too deep a hole for yourself.

Your line should be more than an 'ok, now what?' approach as each street unfolds. Every action you take on one street effects the viable options you make for yourself on the next, and so on.

Edit: Maybe I better summarize - Yes, limp this from your position PF. Check/fold THIS flop & beyond.