View Single Post
Old 12-16-2005, 12:35 PM

Default Re: Watch Waxie Move Up

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not just willing to concede that I made the wrong decision, but I'll try to be a little nicer. I certianly don't want to give the impression that I am a know-it-all.

At the same time, when people say "This is always incorrect." or "This is always wrong." I think they are being a little silly.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is nothing wrong with disbelieving others and proving things to yourself. All great players do this (more or less) as they move up.

The thing is: you can begin to get an inkling that AJo will lose you money raising it UTG after you play 20,000-40,000 hands. Or, you can accept that if many of the Mods and high volume posters are saying the same thing, then there is probably a good reason for it.

TWP used to have Mr. Kool Aid as his avatar because he thought that posters on 2p2 were a little too willing to take certain ideas about the game as fact. But TWP also logs a great deal of hands and speaks based on a lot of experience.

What I'm saying is that you can keep your own council when reading these forums, but its a lot more beneficial when you have exhausted the resources of others, not when you are just starting out.