Thread: TAG
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2005, 10:29 AM

Default Re: TAG

[ QUOTE ]
This seems to be going nowhere. I don't really get what the problem is. TAG is just a general term that means Tight and Aggressive. It is not like there is only ONE type of TAG player. There could be someone who is Tight and Aggressive and very tough and someone who is Tight and Aggressive and very weak. A tougher player will probably do things like know when to fire multiple barrells, finding good spots to pick up pots, be able to make good calls with weakish hands etc. The weaker player might still be aggressive but be overall very predicatable, folds too often doesn't bluff past the flop and so easy to pick on. There's many shades to this.

So TAG in a description doesn't alway paint a complete picture and may be what Ghaz was getting at.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I was getting at. When I read a post where the only read is "Villain is TAG" or "my image is TAG", I don't know what that means or how to apply it to the posted hand. People usually elaborate (at least somewhat) on why they think they're in LAG mode or why their opponent is a LAG but never for TAG. I figured I must be missing something that is common knowledge to everyone else.

From the responses, it appears there are many different ideas about what the label "TAG" really means. If we aren't all using the same nomenclature, its quite difficult to talk strategy.