View Single Post
Old 11-28-2005, 03:12 AM

Default Re: BAD Board, BAD Position, GREAT Hand...HELP!!!

This thread is an example of how playing what people on 2+2 think of as TAG can sometimes be counterproductive.

You have a monster that is vulnerable but not horribly so. A hand like A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] is never folding to a push in a 3r anyway, so you're not worried about *all* flush draws (they are coming along regardless), just some of them. A 3 will kill your action but isn't bad otherwise, and no 2 pair is folding now either so a card that pairs the board is a non-issue. Only an 8 or a 4 really hurts you.

Your goal is now to get chips into the pot. I don't mind one or both people behind overcalling - if they have draws, they only have one card to see, anyway, because I'll shut them out on the next street, and in a 3r it's just as likely that they will overcall with AJo if you let them. But more importantly, pushing now might lose the SB, who's likely to be betting a lone 7. I don't see why you guys have this obsession with making sure you take down a 5K pot when (given their ranges and the likelihood of being best on the turn) you have an > 80% chance of getting 10K or the full 20K one street from now, instead.

As to my actual play, depending on the reads I have, it would be between calling or possibly minraising.