View Single Post
Old 12-20-2005, 03:34 AM

Default Re: My losing streak wins!!

Well...I felt like trying it again...playing super-tight at the BBJ 2/4 and 3/6 tables to finish clearing my $100 reload bonus (which somehow hasn't expired yet) because $100 is actually kind of worthwhile to me right now.

Well...so far I'm down $134 with about 100 hands left to get the bonus.

When bonus is cleared I'll be through for the evening and possibly for a day or two. Haven't fully decided yet.
If I feel like staying up then I might surf around here some, clean up around my apartment, or curl up with something like GSIH or WLLHE both of which I plan to just read cover to cover in the coming days.

Went out to dinner tonight with the GF and she's really terrific. So we chatted some about it and what my plan was...then we moved on to other topics.

I tried to put into context for her how ridiculous 1k+ BB's is and that this basically NEVER happenes for a winning player.
She could tell that it was getting to me a bit and that I was somewhat frustrated and that 'the frustration is probably effecting your play' at which point I explained that that will typically happen to good players if they lose just 200 or 300 bets which is considered really bad.
"And how many have you lost again?"
"Ummm, that would be over 1000."
"Oh...... Wow."

But there's no reason why I can't grind my way back at my current limits. She was concerned with what happens if I keep losing of course and I stated, "well..at some point I would have to get a job."

Anyway...I have 2 months living expenses on the side...and above that I have a poker bankroll that is still over 1k BB's for 3/6. And I'm actually possibly going to play more 2/4 or even 1/2 for awhile.
So if I can go that far out of my way to drop ANOTHER 1k BB's then that would TRULY be something special.