View Single Post
Old 08-04-2005, 04:24 PM

Default Re: Playing against friends

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I seriously don't understand what's wrong with people like you.

Is it really that hard to disassociate playing serious poker and tossing around a few bucks with your friends? I hope to god you don't sit there and calculate pot odds and implied odds and [censored] during this game, because it's supposed to be fun.

And of course they want you to lose, probably because you take an attitude that you are better then them, wether you know it or not, and they want to knock you off.

also, hit the goddamn enter key once and a while.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you telling me that if you could get into a game that was so loose that its almost guaranteed that you'd make a minimum of 10 times your buy in in less than 3 hours, you wouldn't jump on that opportunity? Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm sure the majority of people here would love to play in a game like this, regardless of who its against. This game alone has made it possible for me to not get a job this summer. I don't know about you, but I'd rather play 8 hours of poker in a week than go do manual labor for 20.

[/ QUOTE ]

And THIS IS EXACTLY why they want to bust your stack...

you come off as not wanting to have fun, but just wanting to take their money. If you can't seperate fun from serious poker play, then don't play with them.

And yes, I play in a weekly (weakly) game with friends who are poor players, but I don't stomp on them because it's just not fun for me. If your $10 means that much to you, that you are willing to piss off your friends, go for it dude, but don't complain when they want to bust your stack.