View Single Post
Old 05-10-2005, 01:01 AM

Default Re: Advice for draw poker online?

glad to hear that you started at the lowest limit. smart move.

[ QUOTE ]

I'm fairly new to draw (except for home games), but I've been thinking a lot about the game lately and the last month and a half I've been winning regularly at the paradise draw games. (Win rate: $8.99/hr over 65 hours of $1/2 since I started to use StatKing in early April. Most of those hours I played two tables, so it's not like I've made 4.5 BB/hr per table.)

[/ QUOTE ]
this is definately a good win rate especially for this game. i know there are others saying that are making this much on 3 seperate tables for $1K/week sustained. not sure you can expect these kinds of results but, maybe it can be done.

[ QUOTE ]

About the 777 play: caller held the button. I thought that after limping and then reraising the pot, it would be obvious that I had trips if I drew 2. Maybe you're right about checking after the draw, a reraise here would probably mean AAA and would be hard to call (then again it MIGHT have meant aces up or a bluff... what would you do in this situation?) and obviously, she would not call me with just AA here. All in all, if she improves to aces up, I'll probably get a little more money, but if she improves to AAA I'm screwed. Checking and calling is probably better, since it's safer, plus she might bet aces up (am I right?).

[/ QUOTE ]
i agree that it would seem more obvious that you had trips when you limp-reraise and draw 2 but if you check it to the caller all you will have to call is the size of the pot. you just have to make a judgement on whether your opponent would bluff at you or not when you practically declare trips. your other problem is: with limp-reraising you are saying that you have a big hand(usually trips at the minimum). am i right? would you make this play with aces-up? might want to think about adding it to your game <font color="blue"> or </font>just drawing 2. most players at higher limits will read you for trips anyhow, even with drawing 1. (there are no absolutes but, that is usually the 'legitimate' minimum to make this play)
i think there is something to be said for drawing 1 to trips when you are up front. if your opponent makes 2 pair you just might get a bet out of them. i would however only check it to them and let them do the betting. unless you are willing to lay your hand down to a big reraise.(which could also be a bluff)

[ QUOTE ]
I don't really get what you mean here. That I had bad luck or that I was being outplayed? Or something else? Not familiar with the expression "being held over".

[/ QUOTE ]

what i mean is, yes, you may have had bad luck. if you held KK, your opponent has AA. if you have 777, your opponent has TTT. if you have a str8, he has a flush, etc. in other words he is always holding something bigger than you.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, a general question: if someone raises in early position, and another player reraises, what range of hands could the reraiser have? Good two pair or better? Is it depending on the size of the raises?

[/ QUOTE ]
i would say at least 2pr. i have been known to reraise with AA but, i am crazy [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] usually you will need to have a very strong hand to come in after 2 pot-sized raises. you would prefer to be able to put your whole stack in now. if the raises are small like +.25, +.25 and so on you can be fairly sure you are against AA or small 2pr. that is why they are raising small. they are afraid of their hands. as always you would love to know the other players tendencies and react accordingly. so keep notes!!!