Thread: 97s.
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2005, 08:29 PM

Default Re: 97s.

[ QUOTE ]
given that you cant even beat 90% of flush draws w/9-high, i dont see how this is profitable at all

[/ QUOTE ]

That's why it is a bluff. I can't beat anything that calls.

[ QUOTE ]
The results completely validate my previous post.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah they didn't. Way to be results oriented, though. If I post a hand where I get Kings to fold on a flop, do you take back what you said and admit to being wrong? Of course not.

[ QUOTE ]
also, at this level, saying you would play Aces or sets like this really means nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Arguing that this is how you play your AA and sets is worthless when the opponent isn't paying attention to that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't arguing about how I play sets and AA like this or trying to justify anything.. someone said they don't think I play my Aces this way and I said I do. I didn't bring it up previously or touch it again afgter.

[ QUOTE ]
There is no real meta game at 200nl.

[/ QUOTE ]

Disagree. I've had several players label me a maniac in the chat box because I raise their button all the time. I've also appeared to be tilting and gotten a decent big stack to push over 200BBs into me with KJo after I limp-reraised to $50 from UTG. But yeah, it's not huge.. I wasn't TRYING to get called and win it back later with my horrible image.

[ QUOTE ]
And as previously stated, there's not much advertising value here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not that I even want this, I want a fold immediately, but how is there not advertising value? You don't think they'll see me bluff and think I suck? If anything, a good player wouldn't fall for this, but bad ones will. Bad players think calling 3xBB preflop with 22 is a fishy play.