View Single Post
Old 10-16-2005, 03:40 PM

Default Re: Frat Party - Getting Girls to Stay

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I didn't go to a frat, but I never understood the seemingly irrational hatred so many non-frat guys have towards those who did go to one. What's the big deal? Let it go and grow up.

[/ QUOTE ]

For me it is the general douchebaggery and the fact that you have to pay for your friends.

[/ QUOTE ]

The reason I hate them is cause they think they are better than you for this reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

But, you think you are better than them for the same reason. The difference is that they don't care about you, while you seem to take it personally and hate them. Basically, it comes across as jealousy when you hate that strongly for essentially no real reason.

Note I'm using "you" for convenience. What I mean by "you" is those who seem to have such a vitriolic hate for people who have done nothing to "you".

[/ QUOTE ]

They have done something to me though. I didn't really have a hatred for them when I first started college. I thought the ideas of fraternities were silly, but I had nothing against them. Throughout my freshman year I went to a couple frat parties, and they were just plain assholes to you if you weren't in a fraternity. I'm not gonna go into details, but the point is they were dicks mainly because they think they are better than me cause they are in a frat, and I don't like them for that.

In all fairness I guess I should point out that there is one fraternity up here who has a lot of chill guys in it. They definitely don't care if you're in a frat or not, they'll treat you the same as anyone else. I have no problems with these types of people.