View Single Post
Old 12-01-2005, 02:32 PM

Default Re: Totally lost TPWK - weird hand

My read is that BB has a premium hand. He's calling your raise, and then immediately baiting the PFR with a small flop bet. I'd say TT+ are really very likely from villian.

With that being said, I get the impression that his flop bet was a teaser please-raise-me-so-I-can-shove-in-a-truckload type of bet, and when you called, I think he is squarely putting you on unpaired overs.

A straight draw seems unbelievably unlikely to me, as the only one getting there on the turn is 67, which I wouldn't say would be likely to call that PFR out of position.

With that being said, I think with your line you're going to see villian turn up a big(ger) pair most of the time.

Seeing all the action after the flop, I'd get into my way back machine and raise the flop as many have suggested and see if you can pick off someone trying to snap off the PFR on a ragged board, and then eject like crazy unless you hit a miracle turn card (a 7 or even a 9 wouldn't _thrill_ me, but they'd probably get me to showdown, picking up the diamond draw or the sweet 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] would keep me in as well).

I'd need something that could beat say JJ, imho.